jeudi 30 avril 2009

MIP TV 2009: Interview with Mansha Daswani,

Interview with Mansha Daswani, journaliste and Executive Editor of ”World Screen” based in New York and VP of Content Strategy, WSN INC.




At the MIPTV, which newspaper do you represent?
I work for “World Screen”: we have ten publications. So I’m here finding stories everyday, every deal happening at the market.

It’s not the first time that you participate in MIP, is it?
I’ve been coming since 2005.

How do you get the information concerning the MIP?
I’ve got a lot of press releases. And I run a lot around the palace talking to as many people as possible to find out what the view of the business is right now, what they’re selling, what the people are buying, and ask a lot of questions.

What are the trends of MIPTV 2009?
I think that the big topic is the economic downturn and its long term impact on the business. The other big trend is the technology: more mobile phones, more IPTV, online content, etc.
I think that the big question is how to create the content specifically for those platforms and to have money for them.

For you, what is the most important moment of this edition?
I don’t think I’ve got it yet, but the most interesting story I had, it was talking to Orange about how much they’re buying for the TV service.

China is the honour guest, what do you think?

I’ve actually interviewed the China’s vice-minister of State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, Mr Tian Jin .They’re obviously keen to expose to the world what China has to offer, whether it is the animations, or drama, or documentaries. And I think they seem to be willingness to learn from the international market. I think it’s the sign that they’re opening up slowly for the world and they are willing to see the doors opening to their productions.


Urszula Gleisner Nawroski